Online shopping and daily drop-offs have become commonplace for many residents. You love the ease of having packages dropped right in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels on your doorstep are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy is a real concern, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are great tools to deter package theft, but they provide significantly more.
Take a minute to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Benefits of a Detroit video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide a great number of innovative features, and the technology keeps progressing. You can now implement detection zones, speak to people in front of your door, and receive immediate alerts whenever a package arrives.
The simplest way to see how a Detroit video doorbell camera works is to look at the various perks it can provide. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You aren’t able to find this on every model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in deterring theft with warnings that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of individuals on your porch and boxes on the walkway below. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- High-resolution footage no matter the hour: What’s the purpose of getting a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and challenging to see? Leading models will provide incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is delivered? You can get instant alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and deliveries.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is someone lingering at your main entry? Two-way audio gives you the chance to find out why they’re there. You can even utilize this handy feature to deter people hanging around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will let you minimize false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home offers you the option to view live and archived video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to interact with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even allow you to speak with the individual at your door. These components have become must-haves in terms of security and convenience.