Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Detroit smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete control of your Detroit home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Detroit benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote operability via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can carry out:
- Review real-time or recorded video from any connected cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Detroit by programming schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be inside your home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Detroit
Even though many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, tap email or phone and enter the information to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, select the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Detroit security system. Call (313) 766-2527 to learn more.